babies

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sleeping through the night

From about the time when Keston was 1 month old, we've heard of teaching babies sleeping through the night and decided to implement one of the methods.

If he wakes up between 12mn to 6am, we wouldn't feed him but would just give him the pacifier and make him go back to sleep no matter what. He's supposed to learn that there wouldn't be any milk given during this time span. It took just 2 or 3 days and I stopped waking up in the wee hours to feed him. I thought we'd suceeded in getting him to sleep through the night! Hooray! Then about a week later, I commented to HW that we're so lucky that Keston learned to sleep through the night. HW said "Sleep your head lah! I always wake up to pat him!" Hahaha...HW thought I was only pretending not to hear Keston crying or whimpering, but seriously, I heard nothing!

Anyway, fast forward to now. Keston has fallen into his sleep routine a few weeks back, possibly about the time he turned 2 months. He now takes just 4 feeds a day, 4 hourly. His last feed would be around 8-9pm and he's play abit and fall asleep about 10pm. He doesn't wake up for a feed till at least 6am, most of the time after 7am! Thank you God!

Keston's a talkative baby. His vocab consists of 'Eh', 'Hooo', 'Ah-Hooo', 'Ah', 'Eee'. Sounds pretty much like he's picking up on his vowels. He's also been sticking his tongue out alot, and I do mean alot! When he does that to me, I stick my tongue back out at him and he chuckles. Or sometimes I stick my tongue out at him and he copies me. HW keeps saying I'm teaching Keston bad things. :)

No comments: