babies

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ah boy or Ah ger?


During this stay at the hospital, I was amused to find Keston being mistaken for a girl on quite a few occassions! A couple of the doctors referred to him as "SHE". One of them was consistently going "She blah blah blah and her blah blah..." I would then reply her clearly without trying to cause any embarrasment "He blablablabla and his blablablabla.." But she didn't take the hint and carried on referring to Keston as a girl. She must be thinking this mummy's English so jialat, keep referring to her 'daughter' as a He. Hmmmm

And then a nurse who was assisting me in switching wards was gushing about Keston saying "Ger ger so cute" I said "Erm actually he's a boy." And she quickly apologised. I wasn't offended lah, but just curious....just because he's dressed in unisex hospital gown then cannot tell his gender already? I always thought he's a very boyish boy!! I really feel like dressing him up as a girl to see the effect ley!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Of cos Ah Boy lah! Those doctors dun know how to tell meh? My mum taught me a method to identify the looks of babies. She said to look at the eyebrows. Dun know accurate or not. :)

The Never Bored Mom said...

I also wondering how come docs can't tell!? How to tell by looking at the eyebrows ah? Share share!

Catherine said...

Those very thick ones should be boy gua!