babies

Saturday, June 20, 2009

What fine motor skills?


Keston is now a week short of 11 months. Should I be concerned that he doesn't know how to wave or clap??? Not that I'm not teaching him hor...I clap my hands, his hands, sing song,etc. and he just cannot be bothered to follow! Bleah! I think I have a very lazy boy here. He'd rather be entertained than to entertain. Keston can do the pincer grasp but refuses to feed himself. He's got a problem with holding onto things. He usually grab things and drops/throws them...unless the object in question is his pacifier, then he'd stuff it into his mouth. Anything else, he'd drop in a second. His fine motor skills ah...really cannot make it!

Also, although his first words were Mama (or to be exact MMmmmmmMaMa)....he's stopped saying that for a month or more already. Nowsadays, he only goes 'dadadadada', sometimes ending it with a 'deee' and 'bababababa', which means bao bao (carry). Occasionally he goes 'yayayayaya' as well. HW is secretly proud that Keston identifies him as dada. I would bring Keston to a photo of his daddy (with other people), point at HW and ask "Who is this?" and Keston would smile/chuckle and go "dada", sometimes "daddee". Sometimes I'd try to point at other people in the photo and repeat the same question and he'd give me a blank look. See? He knows that's his dada! But what about Mommy? So jealous siah...I mean, I'm his favourite person in the whole wide world and he doesn't think that calling me would be a nice reward? Pthhh

Gross motors wise, he's developing fine. He moves very fast on all 4s, especially when he thinks we're chasing him. He pulls himself up every chance he gets and cruises, albeit only when he's in the mood. He knows how to crawl up and down steps (head first). Nevermind lah Keston, develop at your own pace. Mommy's just complaining for fun. We still love you anyway!

No comments: