babies

Monday, April 12, 2010

My possessive boy

When K was just a little baby, I witnessed HW's nephew protesting when his mummy was carrying K. I was amused and confident that Keston wouldn't be so possessive. Afterall, he was perfectly fine with me playing with the other kids during his babyjumpergym classes.

Boy was I wrong. Fast forward a few months. The first time I witnessed his possessive-maniac streak was when I met up with Shimin and baby Ryan when K was just over 18months. As baby Ryan was learning to cruise, he'd hold on to his mummy's knees for support and cos my knees were nearby, he accidentally/occasionally cruised over to my knees. K immediately displayed territorial aggression by roughly shoving Ryan's hands away from me. I was amused but also pai sey by his rude gesture.

A while later, I was in the library browsing for books to borrow and another toddler came and stood very close to me. He was probably curious about the book I was holding since K was happily running all over the place. K's antennas immediately stood up and immediately came over to stand in between us. He looked at the boy with animosity and a short while later, snatched the book that the poor kid was holding.

During our trip to Taiwan, we met up with an acquaintance who has a daughter a few months older than K. The girl, S, was rather keen on K and would keep calling out '弟弟来!' whenever he ran out of her range of view. And when we were back in her father's office, she was watching a cartoon on the computer when she pushed a chair beside her and said ‘弟弟坐!' She was rather aggressive though and K seemed abit afraid of her. But when I tried to take photos of the 2 little tykes, S came close to me to look at herself in my camera. K turned into a green monster yet again and charged at her to grab her shoulders. HW and I thought he was bring affectionate and just smiled, while to our horror we saw him holding her still by the shoulders and then trying to headbutt her. Thankfully we were close enough and managed to stop him in time. S, on the other hand, thought he was playing with her and giggled gregariously.

During this trip, we'd occasionally hear Keston whining/protesting about something unknowingly. Somehow we discovered it always happened when he sees us holding hands. He'd get very angry and pry away HW's fingers, then entwine his fingers with mine or hug my hand. He also gets mad when he sees that I'm not the one pushing his stroller, he'd then insist that I hold his hand whenever HW's pushing him. Wah lau eh, my hands no longer belong to me!

Not that we have any plans, but should we have a #2, I'm afraid he'll strangle him/her in the middle of the night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha... the wonderful mummy's love !!!