babies

Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas and beyond

Keston celebrated his 2nd Christmas. Cliche as it may sound, time doth fly! This time last year he could not even sit up and now he's a waddling toddler! Next year, I'm sure I'll be repeating something similar.

The boy turned 17mths yesterday. Still not talking, aside from calling Dada. Sigh~ Nevermind lah, shall not stress myself nor him.

When Keston was just born, he wasn't a pretty baby. His right eye had a red mark from where the forceps were used. His eyes were swollen and his face scrunched up. On the 2nd or 3rd day, HW asked me (and I'll never let him live this down) "Do you really think he's cute?" I was speechless. Part of me wanted to admit the truth, while the other part was in denial. So I simply said "He will become cute." Thank goodness, after the bruises disappeared and his eyes opened...he was indeed cute! (I'm bias, so what?) In the initial months, HW refused to kiss Keston....when I asked him why, he said it's very gay for guy to kiss guy!?!

Fast forward, now HW can't stop kissing Keston. He even tries to trick Keston into kissing him on the mouth (by pretending he's got a biscuit in his mouth). I supposed that's his warped version of Father love!

No comments: