babies

Sunday, January 24, 2010

...maybe, maybe not...

Right after the last post, Keston started pointing at stuffs more and giving a tiny bit more response to his name. Mostly though, he prefers to grab our hands and shove our hand in the general direction of whatever he wants.

I realise he responds selectively. The 100% sure proof way to get his attention is "BISCUIT" or "CHEESE". The problem is, if there's no food waiting for him when he turns around, he gets pretty annoyed. Also, he responds more to his daddy than me when we call his name. I think he takes me for granted :P

Keston's basically a very friendly kid-- always smiling at people. Yesterday, we were having dinner in Far East and the aunty there kept calling him "Yan Dao". He loved it and would keep grinning shyly at her everytime she hollered Yan Dao! He keeps very good eye contact.

HW keeps saying "You see him like that, where got A-t----c?" (We avoid using the word ever since I had my suspicions :P)

Well, as long as he points and responds to his name...and hopefully comes up with an understandable word sometime soon...I guess my worries may be unfounded. Till then, guess all I can do is keep talking and teaching him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes... dont worry too much and be so conscience of things. just spend more time with him and interract more :) he will respond.