babies

Friday, January 2, 2009

3rd Jab

Keston went for his 3rd 6-in-1 vaccination jab yesterday, at 5mths and 5 days. He weighs only 7.3kg. I'm slightly concerned that his increase of weight is dropping significantly. According to the doc, in the 1st year, infants are supposed to have an increase of 1kg per month. But Keston weighed 6.2kg at 3mths so he only gained approx 1 kg in 2 months!! He's at a good size though so I'm not thaaat worried, just abit miffed.

The real reason why we went to the docs yesterday is cos Keston has been having the runs for a week already. He usually poos once in 3-5 days but for the past week, it's been once or twice per day with very watery output. Apparently it's due to him teething and putting all sorts of bacteria into his mouth. We also finally found out the white dots on his forehead are a fungi infection, and not baby pigmentation according to the polyclinic! Damn blasted no good doctors at the polyclinic, anyhow diagnose!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hihi,Happy New Year! My boy is 6.3kg at 5mths. He had only put on 0.1kg since 4mth... I'm concerned too. And I agree, the docs & nurses at the polyclinic don't seem very good, they failed to identify my boy had eczema.

The Never Bored Mom said...

Yah lor...now my hb say only flu and cough can go polyclinic. Wow 1 month only 100g? You must be worried...has Isaac doubled his birth weight though?

Anonymous said...

Yeah he has doubled his birthweight fortunately, 2.6kg-6.3kg in 5mths. None of the doctors we've seen seem to think it's a problem so far, so I'm crossing my fingers he'll catch up in time, or at least remain healthy otherwise.