babies

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Becoming hands-on

Since Keston's now alright with his cereal and commercial puree, I'm starting to think about giving him healthier choices (ie. homemade concoctions). I mean he can't be eating cereal forever right? So I've been reading about how to make puree, how to cook porridge....On Sunday, I finally bought my first piece of pumpkin and avocado! It took me a while to find the avocado since I have absolutely no idea what it looks like!

And then the procrastinating took me till this morning to steam the pumpkin. I hope most of the nutrients are still there since it's been in the fridge for a couple of days now. I followed Cat's instructions, but I must have not steamed enough cos the inner part of the pumpkin was still vvv hard! Took me forever to scoop out whatever I could. Dump the flesh into the Pigeon foodmaker to grind. I got v restless during the mashing process and nearly gave up but HW would laugh at me, so I perservered. The too-hard parts I threw away cos I couldn't be bothered to steam again. So now I've got like 160ml of pumpkin puree sitting in the babycubes. Hooray for small miracles! But I suspect I wasn't v thorough with the mashing so there may still be chunky bits. Sorry my boy, I tried my best already :(

Porridge? Maybe after we're back from the trip!! I need a big rest from my little kitchen adventure!

No comments: