babies

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day with Keston

I know, I know..long time never post pictures already. Too lazy to upload photos into my laptop..

My Valentine's Day this year was spent alone with baby Keston. Whenever I'm home alone, I start thinking of bringing him out alone (which I've never done, at least not without HW chaperoning me to and from the venue and also I'm never alone!). But I usually procrastinate until it's night time :P
On Saturday, I was seriously planning to take him to Bukit Panjang Plaza, cos that's the nearest shopping mall around and I wasn't confident in bringing him out any further alone. Besides, by the time I get him ready and myself ready, it would probably be time for his next feed.

The little boy slept from 2pm till 4.45pm. Good long nap. That's a nice start. I gave him his milk and started with my 'should I, should I not?' nonsense. Then Keston pooped! It's like he gave me the shove cos we've gotten the feed and poo out of the way. Bo pian, no more reason to hesitate so I bundled him up in my sling, threw a diaper (just in case), wet wipes, wallet and keys into a recyclable bag and off we went.

BPP is the nearest mall, but it's not near. It's like 4 bus stops away!! It's linked via a walkway from our estate so it's an easy walk. I set off with the mentality that I'm just bringing keston out for a walk. If we make it to BPP, so be it. If not, we went for a nice walk! Why didn't I take the bus? Cos' I'm afraid I'll get up the wrong bus, or stop at the wrong station.

So anyway, we reached BPP in like 20mins? I went to the library to borrow some books so I now had to carry a baby plus 3 books. Then went to Macs to dabao dinner for HW and myself. Walked around abit, then armed with a nearly 8kg baby, 3 books and 2 Macs Bag, I started on my journey back. This time, we took 25mins and halfway through I was dying! I'd just thrown on a pair of lousy flipflops and my toes were blistering under the weight. And Keston? He was happily asleep, so I couldn't just stop and sit by the canal. It would look damn weird anyway! I persisted and finally reached home. Threw everything down and jumped into the shower.

Despite being exhausted, I had a truly nice time. Keston was v cooperative and did not make a single sound throughout the 2hrs adventure, he just concentrated on looking cute! And I now know I can bring him out alone....the next time, i will try the bus!!!

No comments: