babies

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Fallen angel

A few months back, there was 1 night when Keston was sleeping with me on my bed. A loud thud woke me up in the middle of the night and I leaped up to find Keston lying on the floor, and still sound asleep! It's not as bad as it sounds because mine is a platform bed and there are basically 2 steps to the floor. What is amazing is that he managed to bump bump down 2 steps and remain sleeping.

Last night, K was on my bed again. I got jolted awake in the wee hours and panicked cos I couldn't find K beside me. I kept patting the space beside me to make sure it wasn't just the short-sightedness.....eventually I widened the scope of my vision and found him lying with his head by my foot and his legs near my tummy.... close to the edge of the bed where I didn't put any pillows. Not wanting to wake him, I went back to sleep with 1 hand on his leg. Awhile later, I felt his legs sliding away from me. I sat up and the most incredulous thing happened. I got to see how he rolls off the bed and remain sleeping!!

I swear this happened in slow motion. First his head lolls off the edge and ended up 1 step down...then his shoulders slumped over and drops down as well...the momentum (or gravity) causing his back to roll over and his tummy lands down...lastly followed by the clumsy tumbling of his limbs. And instantaneously I see him tucking himself into his sleeping position and continues sleeping on the floor! Soo funny!

No comments: