babies

Monday, November 3, 2008

My big baby

Konnichiwa

Bo liao Mummy made me 'model' my new clothes before washing

You know how I was complaining bout Keston not really enjoying his babygym? Well, all of a sudden now, he enjoys it. We can put him down for like half an hour and he'd be happily batting away at the ball or pulling the fish. That frees up some time for me to do other stuff.

Yesterday HW and I saw a baby boy with his grandma. The baby was smaller size than Keston but the grandma was holding him up without supporting his head. Also his head was clean shaven. So HW deduced that he must be 1 month old. But I noticed the head thing and said he can't possibly be younger than Keston since Keston's head still must be supported..I thought he should be 3 mths old as well or at most 4mths old. We asked the grandma and that baby is 2 full months older than our boy!!! OMG, no wonder people keep saying Keston looks bigger than his age. I don't get it, his weight and length is all within a reasonable range!!! He doesn't even eat alot, he's only just started drinking around 720ml a day. My mum said she saw an angmor baby who is 'shorter' than Keston but chubbier. And how old was the baby? 8mths old!!!

Keston has started eating his hand. It started off with little licks as he quietly brings his fist up to his mouth. And within a few days it developed into stuffing his fingers into his mouth. He prefers 2 or 3 fingers deep within his mouth. We tried scolding him or hitting his hand lightly when he does that but he just chuckles back. Sometimes he takes out his hand just to wait till we turn around before he sticks it back in....sigh.

I hope he doesn't start putting his whole fist in. Just a few mornings ago, we woke up to see a huge puddle of saliva next to his face. So gross! He only eats his right hand, so I'm guessing he's a right-hander. And so we've started putting on his mitten again (just on the right hand though). I hope he gets out of this phase soon.

No comments: