babies

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

First trial class

Keston went for his first Kindermusik trial class yesterday. It was not until the night before that I realised the timing's gonna be a killer. See, the class is from 11.30am to 12.15pm and we aimed to reach there at 11.15am.

The problem is, Keston wakes and has his first feeding at 8-8.30am...second feeding at 12-12.30pm. If so, he would need to be fed during the class. The alternative would be to wake him up at 7 to feed and to feed again at 11 just before the class. Alas, we both overslept....actually we 3 overslept! Keston only woke up for milk around 9am! So I was, in a way, glad cos the next feeding would be at 1pm after the class ends.
.
.
.
BUT Keston ALWAYS takes a morning nap. He needs to sleep around 10 till 11.30, but of course we were in such a rush. Feed. Babygym. Bathe. Change. Prepare milk. Rush out of the house...Keston didn't get to nap at all. He slept in the car on the way to Tanglin mall, but that was like 15 mins only.

So 15mins into the class, he started getting cranky, refusing to lie down on the floor. And I had to bearhug him almost throughout the whole class. Bah. Didn't get to swirl the scarf above his head or to twang the colour robe...he didn't even want to listen to me reading him a story. He just wanted to cuddle. And then just before the class ended, I realised I should have just given him his pacifier! *whacks head* stupid stupid stupid. So I whipped out the pacifier and he sucked on it sleepily. The little bugger closed his eyes finally just when the class ended. Sigh~ Waste money siah!

Next time I must remember to go for class at 1pm!

4 comments:

dardar6374 said...

well it's an experience :)
I'm going this fri 3pm.

The Never Bored Mom said...

Heh! It certainly was! Btw don't need to bring towel. And the tcher recommends not to let bb wear socks to heighten their sense of touch :)
Hope Bernice enjoys herself on Fri.

Anonymous said...

wah. totally impressed that he's taking music classes!! I can show you soo much research that I did this past semester how that it so awesome for the brain of a young one!

The Never Bored Mom said...

I'm not sure he likes music much.I keep reading bout using letting babies listen to classical music, but the problem is he gets super agitated when I play him classical tunes!
That said, he doesn't mind other genres of music...just not classical!
What's ur research about anyway?