babies

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Keston and his gym(s)

The first gym we got for Keston was the Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Kick & Crawl Aquarium Gym. He liked it quite abit but I felt it wasn't helping him with any developments so I itchy fingers sold it away to buy new gyms to try.

So we bought 2 new gyms last week.



To start of with, I fixed up the Carnival gym for Keston. The moment we put him in, he looked terrified. We thought turning on the music woul help but it made him cry instead! The best thing was, he was so scared he actually shit in his diapers!!! Hahaha...just a splatter but still....We persisted and tried for a few more times at different timings of the day. The best he could do was ignore the gym and look everywhere else! But it was pretty evident that he's never gonna like it. Frankly, the gym doesn't work very well. Firstly, the baby is meant to kick some board to activate the music but the board's at a 90 degrees angle to the floor and pretty awkward for the baby to kick. Secondly, you need to hit pretty damn hard before anything happens to the music...and it was such a biatch to fix up! I'm critical cos my boy doesn't like it. Heh! So anyway, we brought it back.


Next I fixed up the Rockin' Gym. This cute little gym can be converted into a rocking horse for future use. This gym is so much easier to assemble. And the music is soft and bubbly so Keston was at ease. When baby tugs or bats at one of the hanging toys, it activates a 'triiiing' sound into the music being played. Keston loved that (while I worry about how many batteries I need to standby)...and he'd bat at the toy, hear the sound...wait awhile and bat again. It really does help develop his fine motor skills me thinks.

No comments: