babies

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Keston flips...

10 December 2008- Keston does his first full flip

It started in the morning when the little tike was as usual practising his half flips, which ends with him lying on his side. When I was getting dressed, he suddeny did a 3/4 flip, which meant his shoulder and body were basically parallel with the bed, with only 1 hand stuck under his stomache. He stayed in this awkward position for minutes until I told HW to show him how to complete the flip. HW 'taught' him to pull his hand out from under him and to create a momentum with his bum so he'll end up facing down. HW then proceeded to roll him back to position.

5 minutes later, we carried him out to the living room. I went into the kitchen while HW was checking his phone. It took all of 10 seconds when I heard HW shout excitedly. I came out to find Keston on his front, in push up position! So smart right? Teach him once and he learns immediately! Haha..let's just ignore the fact that it took him all of 4 months and 1 week to even start his attempt while other babies were flipping at 3mths!

Then later at night when I was playing with him before he goes to sleep, I again demonstrated to him how to do a full flip. I snucked out to my room to check my mails. Heard a yelp. Dashed out to the living room to find him in push up position again! Arrghhh! I want to see how it happened! So I then armed myself with the camera and began filming him, determined to document the process. But of course it's Sod's Law that when I try to film it, he doesn't perform.

So anyway 2 full flips in a day. Yipee!

On a separate issue, Keston got attacked by the mosquitoes again last night! This time on the other side of his face, 2 on his right eye and 1 at his nose. Poor baby looks horrid and it looks horribly itchy! He's sleeping with us tonight until we get his bed sorted. We dunno yet if it's bed bugs or mosquitoes but he's getting his mattress sunned tomorrow and I'm getting him a mosquito patch.

No comments: